Heat Treated All-In-One SAE Thread Chasers by Qwikdraw
100% Brand New
Specialty Designed Heat Treated Thread Chasers to repair, re-align and recondition threads on gas or liquid fittings in air conditioning, hydraulic and gas applications without cutting damaged threads. Can also be used to clean up and restore spark plug threads before an insert is necessary. These Thread Chasers will also remove corrosion in Oxygen Sensor threads and holes. Thread Chasers help the technician easily reconnect components by restoring damaged or worn threads. Each chaser is marked with it's size and can also be use to properly identify thread size. Contains both male and female threads and can be used simultaneously.
5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", and 11/16" & Puller pin.
- Clearly marked thread identification
- Side holes for use with supplied handle
- Hex end for use with standard shop wrench
- 5 Fittings, male & female threads:
- Restores rough threads
- Removes corrosion in Oxygen Sensor threads and holes
- Width : 6 1/2"
- Depth : 2 1/2"
- Height : 2"
- Weight : 4lbs
FAST & SAFE SHIPPING! This Item will be shipped on the same day it is ordered. Please order before 3pm Central Standard Time to insure same day shipping.
Steps for Use
- Verify the correct thread of the damaged fitting.
- Select applicable Chaser
- Using a small piece of cloth, protect the inside of the fitting such that the service process does not allow dirt particles to enter the tube or fitting
- Use a clean cloth or soft bristle brush to clean off excess dirt from the fitting. Use caution since there may be sharp edges or points.
- Apply a small amount of lubricant (preferably jb-80) onto the fitting
- Position the Thread Chaser straight into (female thread) or onto (male thread) the damaged fitting
- Very carefully screw the chaser into/onto the fitting. For every two complete clockwise rotations, do one half counterclockwise rotation.
- When the Chaser has been fully screwed into/onto the fitting, the service is complete.
- Carefully unscrew the Chaser, clean off any debris, and inspect the thread.
- Use caution and good judgment to verify that the resulting thread is acceptable for securing fittings in a safe manner